We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will enable us to deal with your concern and help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about our service or the fees that we have charged, please contact us in writing to the Practice Manager, Venters Solicitors, 7a West Street, Reigate, RH2 9BL
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 3 working days of us receiving it enclosing a copy of this procedure. The acknowledgement letter will identify the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. Your complaint will be recorded on our central register.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the relevant Head of Department, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. Should the complaint be about one of our Heads of Department it will be passed to another Head of Department or Partner, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. The Head of Department or Partner will write a detailed response to you within 14 days of us sending the original acknowledgement letter.
3. If your complaint remains unresolved at this stage, the Practice Manager will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be within 3 days of any further communication with you.
4. Within 3 days of any such meeting, the Practice Manager will write to you to confirm the discussions, and any resolution agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, a discussion can be had by telephone with the Practice Manager, or an exchange of emails, whatever you prefer. Within 3 days of this discussion, the Practice Manager will send you a written response to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Head of Department, Partner or someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the matter.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman service, which is ultimately responsible for ensuring that complaints are dealt with appropriately. Normally, the Legal Ombudsman expects you to give us 8 weeks to try to resolve your complaint.
If after 8 weeks you are still not satisfied you can then involve the Legal Ombudsman. For more information on how the Legal Ombudsman works visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk, call 0300 555 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
In normal circumstances you are required to register a complaint within one year. You must then give us 8 weeks to try to resolve your complaint before contacting the Legal Ombudsman. A complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must normally be made within six months of the date of the conclusion of the Firm’s complaints procedure.
1. You must register your complaint with us within one year.
2. The Legal Ombudsman expects you to give us 8 weeks to try to resolve your complaint.
3. After this time, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman: visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk, call 0300 555 0333 or email email@example.com