Involvement with Social Services

Assessment/Voluntary Accommodation and or care proceedings

Whether your children are currently being assessed by a Local Authority Social Services Department and/or whether Social Services have indicated that they wish you to enter into a Voluntary Accommodation Arrangement, or an intention to issue Care Proceedings, you will need expert help and advice to help you through the process. Social Services are also known as Children’s Services.

Local Authority Social Services Departments are all agencies of the Government. This means that they will have knowledge and resources ordinarily not available to members of the public. Ultimately, this puts them at an advantage.

Whatever the process involving your children with Social Services may be, it will be governed by many different rules and regulations and is complex.

Whenever the State challenges an individual, it is extremely important that the individual is able to respond to those challenges appropriately and in doing so does not prejudice their position.

As an indication of the importance of these proceedings, the Government has continued to support the need for persons with parental responsibility for children in respect of whom Care Proceedings are issued to be entitled to free legal representation. In today’s times, this is extremely rare since all Governments since 2009 have gradually removed Legal Aid from most fields of family law.

In addition, only a Solicitor who is on the Law Society Children Panel is allowed to represent children in Care Proceedings. No such rule exists in relation to the representation of parents, but as a Practice which specialises in this field of law, we would always recommend that no adult involved in Care Proceedings should ever instruct any Solicitor unless they are a member of the Law Society Children Panel so that you can be assured that they have the necessary expertise.

Whatever involvement you may have with social services we have the necessary expertise to help and guide you through the process.

Privacy and GDPR

How we use your contact information

Due to GDPR Law we have changed the way we ask for your information.

Venters Solicitors records your contact information for one purpose: To respond to your enquiries and follow up potentially with legal advice

Venters Solicitors does not give this information to any third-party organisation. If you wish to have your information permanently deleted from our database, please email here. We reserve the right to make a small charge for this process.

If you are happy to for us to respond to you via email, simply click the slider to "yes" on the form. If you don’t do this you will not receive emails from us.

Cookie Policy

A cookie is a small data file containing a single number (and no personal information) this cookie is never re-used on this web site or by third parties. When you close your browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari etc), the cookie is destroyed.

We also use Google Analytics on our web sites to count traffic visiting the site and to give us information in how we can improve the visitor experience. This cookie does not know or record any of your personal information, it merely records which pages are visited. This site uses cookies. Cookies are small data tokens that are used to pass information from page to page as you visit a web site.

Contact Info
  • Address: 213 Camberwell Road, London SE5 0HG
  • Phone: 020 7277 0110
  • Email: